EXO ARNVIND is looking for a Nordic Data Protection & Compliance Attorney for a World Leading Information Services Company, with over 10.000 employees in 40 countries.
This is a great international career opportunity for an ambitious attorney in the lucrative GDPR and IT space – and with a World Leader in Information Services.
Location: Copenhagen, or Oslo
The Nordic Data Protection & Compliance Attorney (NDPCA)/ is responsible for:
- Ensuring the business adheres to all relevant legislation, regulations, and user group rules including but not limited to relevant regulators and all relevant industry best practice.
- Ensuring any required Compliance changes are successfully implemented into the business.
- Ad Hoc GDPR and IT Law assistance in the business
Working with the Compliance Manager – EMEA and the Nordic Legal Manager the role is also responsible for the delivery of a robust compliance and governance function which is underpinned by the Global Compliance Management Program (CMP).
Key Areas of the Role:
- Ensuring the business is provided with compliance advice and support;
- Be the first point of escalation for any compliance related incidents;
- Working with operational business to test and assess their compliance risk against the CMP;
- Keeping the Compliance Manager; EMEA informed of the compliance risks across the business and the actions being taken to mitigate these risks;
- Understand how regulation applies to the business; and in particular in relation to new regulatory announcements, communicate the change (and oversee implementation) to any impacted areas;
- Understand the impact and any risks associated with potential change, ensure the Global Risk Management framework is considered and utilised, as necessary;
- Complete compliance due diligence for all business acquisitions;
- Where appropriate, successfully lead the delivery of change within any new business acquisitions;
Advice and guidance
- Provide compliance support to the business on queries, projects, acquisitions, product developments, bids and tenders;
- Liaise directly with clients on any legal & compliance related matters as and when required by the business;
- Compliance Manager; EMEA
- Legal Manager; Nordic
- Nordic Regulators
- Global Risk Management
- Global Internal Audit
- Global Business Continuity
- Global Security Office
Required Experience / Qualification
- 4-5 years of attorney experience and knowledge of IT Law, and Data Protection Regulation e.g. GDPR
- An understanding of the regulatory environment in which a data organisation operates;
- Good knowledge and experience of the practical application of relevant laws/regulations especially Data Protection.
- Experience of presenting to senior leadership
- Fluent in (written & oral) English as well as Danish/Norwegian;
- Strong communicator at all levels.
- Strong relationship management skills will help facilitate a pro-active and effective compliance-to-business.
- Good risk based judgement skills including the ability to assess compliance risks appropriately with commercial needs;
- Intuitive self-starter with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively for themselves and their team;
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and interpret information covering a wide range of diverse business areas and the associated risks/regulations;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a Regional team;
- International travel will be required from time-to-time – typically inside an ordinary business day – e.g. between Denmark and Norway
If the above descriptions could be you – then please apply here at EXO Career Portal
We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you know relevant candidates ? Check this !
At EXO ARNVIND you can make money by knowing the right candidates!
You can easily get a secure link here: EXO Referral that you can use to make referrals on all our open positions.
If you submit a new candidate for us, and your candidate gets the job – you will receive a hiring bonus of 700 EURO !
If you want to commit to regularly finding exciting candiates for us, in your area of expertice and of course make even more money – you can apply to be an EXO Partner here: Apply EXO Partner
We look forward to working with you !